Sunday, February 25, 2007

A sad few days

It has been a very difficult time for the past few days. My Grandma collapsed on Tuesday evening and paramedics were not able to revive her. It just seems so crazy to me. Tuesday was "Fat Tuesday", so that morning my Grandma had a group of people to her house for a Pazcki party.(sp) After everybody had left and she cleaned up from that my Grandpa said she tried to lay down for a rest and could not get comfortable. So finally she gave up trying to sleep and vacuumed the house. Then a few hours after that she was leaving to go to her sister-in-laws house for dinner. On the way she figured she's put a bag of garbage in the can at the end of the driveway. Well, she went to turn around and grab the bag out of her van and she had a Terrible pain go up and down her back. She told someone that she had to sit in the van to catch her breath it hurt so much. She just thought that she had twisted wrong. Then later after dinner she went into the bathroom and didn't come out for a while. My great aunt went to check on her and did not get any response so she went in and my grandma had collapsed onto the bathroom floor. I guess the paramedics tried every drug and thing possible, but she never came back. It was decided that she would not have a autopsy to find out the real cause, but her doctor figured it was a massive heart attack. BUT, my Grandma get a journal and we read some of the recent entries and on February 5th she wrote that she was having pain in her back and didn't remember twisting it or anything. So when we told the doctor that, he said that maybe she had and aortic aneurysm.

My Grandma was the most loving, sweetest lady that you could have ever known. She never put herself first at all. Everything was always about everybody else. Everybody keeps telling me how she's in a better place now, but I think she would be better off here!!!! I miss her dearly! Thank you to everybody who emailed me with your condolences!!!

No comments: