Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Feels weird

Yesterday I went to visit with my Grandpa and to clean for him. It feels really weird that my Grandma is not there asking if I want something to drink or soemthing to eat. Or that she's not there sitting and talking with us. Monday night was the first night that my Grandpa had to stay in the house alone. I said he didn't get much sleep and what he did get was in his recliner. He couldn't sleep in bed. I can totally understand that. It was feel extra strange for him not having my Grandma next to him. They were married for 54 years and were praobably apart at night only a handfull of times. I'm not sure if it was becasue he was so tired or just because he was feeling depressed, but he was super quiet. Yesterday was a week since my Grandma has been gone. :>( Tomorrow I'm going to clean again. I have been hired as the cleaning lady. Next week I'm going to start doing it on Monday's and Thursdays. Everybody thought it was a good idea for me to do it since I am home all day. We both will benefit for it. He insists on paying me, so I will have some extra "play money" and he will have company from us. Plus the rest of the family will know his laundry ect. is getting done. One less worry for them. Today I ran a couple errands and cleaned our house and did laundry. Fun Fun!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Laura, that is soo sweet, and it will be a nice way for you and your Grandpa to bond. I can't imagine what you must be feeling and going thru, just know that I am praying for you and your family. :)