Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Biting

Well, I got a big surprise when I picked Dylan up to put him in his high chair for breakfast yesterday morning. He bit the heck out of my back! I had called him a couple times and he never came, so I went into the living room to get him. I was trying to play with him, so I picked him up and slung hi over my back like a sack of potatoes, and he just decided to have a bite. Oh my goodness that hurt! It brought tears to my eyes. So I slapped his mouth. I don't know what it is with him, but he's been pinching and biting a lot lately. Hopefully this is just another phase like the screaming phase that he went through a while ago. The only stumper to me is that I'm the only one he does this to. He's never bitten Alton once. How does that saying go..Never bite the hands that feeds you? If only Dylan knew!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Laura, you sis the right thing, I smacked Gabe's mouth when he bit, and my sister-in-law had to actually bite her son back because the smacking wasn't working and THAT DID WORK!

I know like Sophia will pull my hair, and I will tell her no and smack her hand, and that doesn't alwasy work, so sometimes I pull her hair too! Whatever conveys the message!