Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A scare.

We had a scare with my Dad over the weekend. Earlier in the week he had said his back was bothering him, and all I could think of was that the cancer is growing. Well, Sunday he was feeling fine in the morning, so he and my Mom rode with my cousin up to his Mom's house. Well, while they were there my Dad kept sleeping on and off and then he slept most of the way home. It's about an hour drive. They were no sooner in the door and had his coat off of him that the vomited all over. Then he started talking off the wall about weird things. My Mom took his temperature and it was 104 degrees. So then she was really worried. So, she called my Uncle who is a nurse to get his advice and also the Hospice nurses that had taken care of him before. Both pretty much said the same thing....That they should get my Dad to a hospital and that it sounded like some kind of infection somewhere. So come to find out he has a really bad urinary tract infection and the wound on his heel that has never healed fully might be infected. At first they thought he might have diverticulitis (sp). That would have been really bad, because sometimes that has to be corrected with surgery and that's the last thing my Dad needs. So he is still in the hospital. His fever is down and they have ruled out the diverticulitis, so that's good. He's hoping to come home tomorrow, but who knows what will happen.

No comments: