Thursday, June 15, 2006

Heat on the way

I just heard the weather report and they are saying that the 90 degree weather and humidity is on it's way. I am dreading it! It has been sooooo nice this week with 80 degrees and low humidity with lots of sunshine. I guess it may last all next week. Let's hope not! Alton and I had planned on doing a lot of work outside this weekend since he has the whole weekend off, but if it's that miserably hot, we won't want to do anything we've planned.

Yesterday was my Grandma's 77th birthday. A group of our family got together and all pitched in for her to get glass block windows put in her basement windows. My Aunt had some loose glass blocks from a previous project she had done and put one in a birthday bag and gave it to her. At first she wasn't sure of what it was, but then her mouth dropped open when it registered and she was sooooo surprised! They are getting new siding put on the house, so this will go along really nice with it. She's been saying she's wanted the windows for quite a long time, because theirs are so old. We had a really nice time.

No comments: