Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year all!

Can you believe that it's January 2006 already? I can't. In just ten days Dylan will be two whole years old! Hard to believe! Our New Year's Eve was pretty tame. We went to some friends of ours. Decided to spend the night so that we weren't putting Dylan and us in danger by driving home at 1am with all the drunks on the road. Needless to say we didn't get to bed until almost 2 am to begin with and then Dylan woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. He did not want to sleep in a pack and play I guess. I kept laying him back down and winding up his musical bear, but it didn't work. And OF COURSE Alton is sleeping like a baby through all of this! So finally I woke him up and told him lets go home, but he didn't want to do that. So Alton put Dylan in bed with us. He fussed around and wanted to play. About daybreak he finally decided to fall asleep. So we did get a couple hours if Z's in. What a mess. Never again! So we got up and came home just long enough to unload the car and then we were off again. We went to Alton's parents house for lunch to celebrate Alton's Dad's birthday. Came home after that and tried to get Dylan to take a nap. You would think after being up most of the night he would be dead tired. NOT! He wailed for about a half hour until I gave in and got him up. I am praying he don't do that when we put him down for the night. We had a little burst of energy so we took down the Christmas tree. I'm glad that's done. Tomorrow I will get the rest of the decorations down. I still have lights in the windows and a few other things. Shouldn't take too long. Then the house will be back to normal. I can't wait.

No comments: