Saturday, November 19, 2005

Criminals from Pontiac??

This is unbelievable really. Never in my life have I been pulled over by a police officer, but that changed this week. My day was going as normal as usual. It was a rainy and dreary day, so I thought it might be nice to get out of the house and go to the dollar store to see if they had any Thanksgiving decorations left, since I only have one turkey that hangs on my front door and a few window clings. Well, I ended up finding one decoration so we left. Since we were out and near the road that would take us to where we used to live in Davisburg I thought we would drive by our old place. It's a nice drive and I like going out there anyhow. So Dylan and I were driving along minding our own business. Well, we came around a curve and there was an Oakland County sheriff waiting to pull onto the road that we were going on. I was hoping he would pull out before I got to him, but unfortunately he didn't. He chose to pull out behind us. So because I knew he was following me I was very careful to go the exact speed limit. Once you go up the road a ways it goes from 50 to 35 MPH. I ALWAYS get paranoid when there is a cop behind me as do most people, so I figured I would turn off onto this side road to let him pass me then, I would continue on my way. Well, I turned and then I was looking in the the rear view mirror waiting for him to go by. Well, it ended up that he followed me. Then two seconds later he had his lights on pulling me over. I was so freaking out!! The only thing I could think of was that he saw something wrong with my car, since I knew I didn't break any laws. So he comes up and asks for my license and all that good stuff. Then he says "Don't you live in Pontiac?" I said "Yes". So he says "What are you doing out here?" For those of you who don't know the area Davisburg is only like a 20 minute drive from Pontiac. I said I used to live out here and I was just going to go by my old place. The whole while I was thinking.....is it a crime to drive into another city and I didn't know it? But of course I didn't have the nerve to say that! So he says "What year is your car?" I said 2004. He says oh I thought it was newer than that. I'm thinking what does it matter! So he says I just thought it was a little strange that someone from Pontiac is way out here. Then he says I guess you two don't LOOK like burglars. Then he asked if I picked Dylan up hitch hiking....He thought that was funny! I just couldn't believe this was all happening. He was an older man, so maybe he was bored and wanted something to do....I don't know. Later on I was thinking thank goodness this guy was honest and not one of those people impersonating a police officer, because I was on a deserted dirt road where nobody would have heard a thing or seen a thing. My one friend told me I should call and find out what was really going on and why he really pulled me over. My Dad said maybe there was a car like mine stolen from Pontiac and he thought I was trying to hide out with the stolen car. I don't know but it was weird! What a day. I guess I'll have to stay in Pontiac where I live. NOT!!! LOL

1 comment:

Abby said...

OMG...Laura!! I am so glad to hear that you are OK...I would have never stopped out there all alone...what if he weren't really a cop? The law is (at least around here) that if you feel unsafe, put on your flashers adn drive somewhere public before pulling over...but I would definitely call the police station and report this one!