Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Very Sad Day!

Well, yesterday we found out that my brother-in-law was killed in Iraq. He is Captain Stephen Frank of the 155th brigade. His platoon is Eaglehorse. He leaves behind his wife Laurel and his two year old son Alex. He was a soldier at heart. Loved what he did. What we've been told is that he and another Captain were pulling over a driver who was driving erratically and then the car exploded once they had it pulled over. Stephen was going to be taking the place of the other Captain who he was with, who would be leaving Iraq. This man's wife is due to have her labor induced today to have their baby. I am so sick of this war. Now it's taken part of my family! I wish they would just pull all Americans out of there and let the Iraqis fend for themselves. It makes no sense to stay there when they don't want us there in the first place. When will it be over? I ask for all who read this to pray for Laurel and Alex as they embark on a long hard road ahead of them. And pray for the rest of my family also as we grieve. This sucks so bad!

No comments: